I trying to create a windows forms app that also starts a webservice that hosts some webmethods. The webservice is used by different users that connect to it to generate some data. The webservice, in his turn, connects to a public webserver with a certificate from a usb token.

Now why I'm trying to get this to work is:

• when my webservice access the public webservice the first time it requires authentification with the certificate from the usb token, which pops-up a window to insert the token PIN number.
  • if i host the webservice in a webserver (IIS) the window never pops up because iis is not interactive
  • i can make the app only window forms based but then i'd have to use tcp protocol which i do not trust for file transfers.
  • web service uses http + forms allow me to popup the pin dialog.

But how can i combine them. In development mode i can instanciate the webservice and call it's functions... but that's only local... How ca i create an instance and make it remotely available.

If you want that your WinForm application react as a web service server first you have to write TCP/IP server then implement one of web service protocols you want to use, usually SOAP. For more information about protocols Click Here

Well I am not sure if my answer is relevent but I think you are asking about how to host that service so that you can interact with that when it is hosted on IIS.What I did was that I first created a WCF webservice library and then added a WCF service Application to same solution made the reference to webservice library and configured it's end points.You can contact me if you like my id on skype is qadeer37

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.