Please read through the following suggestions before posting in this forum. Questions in this forum are answered by people who generously volunteer their time. Following these guidelines will increase the chances of getting a quick and accurate answer.
- Use Search to see if your question has been asked and answered by another user.
- Create a meaningful title for your question. "Help" or "Urgent" are likely to be ignored.
- Summarize your question in the first sentence of your post. This is what gets displayed in the thread summary page. This makes it easier for everyone to scan the forum.
- Please use clear English. Do not use slang or LEET or ALL CAPS. This is not twitter or a chat room. If your question is not clear you may not get the help you seek.
- Show us that you have made a serious effort (don't expect us to do the work for you).
- Explain what your code is supposed to do as well as what it is doing. If appropriate, include some sample input and what you want as output.
- Post all relevent code (commented would be preferred). Do not post extraneous code. If possible, strip your code down to that which illustrates the problem.
- If you are having a database problem we may need to see your table structure. If so, post that as well. Include field names and types.
- Please include any error messages and the place in the code where the error occurs. There are thousands of ways for code not to work. Be specific.
- If you don't have anything useful to add to a thread, don't post in it.
- Don't hijack an existing thread with a new question. Start a new thread.
- Don't post in solved threads unless you have something significant to add.
And last, but not least, DaniWeb is not the place to go if you want someone to do your homework for you. Any posts that boil down to "I'm too lazy to do this for myself" will either get no response, or more likely, a snide rebuke. The effort you get back will be proportional to the effort you put in.