dvongrad 0 Newbie Poster

In a VS 2005 WinForms application, I would like to know when a Crystal Report is actually displayed in a report viewer so that I may change the mouse cursor appropriately. When I start, I change the cursor to Wait, display a status message that says the report is being generated, go through the motions of setting up report criteria like connection, path, parameters, etc. and set the report zoom to 1 (width of page). I then set the cursor to default and have a status message that the report has been created.

Depending on the length of the report (it could be well over 10,000 pages in length) it takes a few seconds to the report to actually be visible in the report viewer. But I've already reset the mouse cursor even though the report can't be seen yet. What I'd like to do is change the cursor to default only after I see the report on screen. I've looked at the report viewer properties and methods and the ReportDocument object properties and methods, but nothing stands out as obvious and those that "might" work like ReportDocument.IsLoaded have not been successful.

Is what I'm after even possible? Or do I need to change my status message to something like "Report created. Please wait for it to become visible." so that the user knows that something is still happening without the visual cue of a wait cursor? TIA