I am facing the problem in select the item dates. This is because i only want the condition of month from table dates. So i think the data set i write it get the error. Any one can help me,Thanks.

con.Open()
        sql = "SELECT DISTINCT Month(dates) FROM summary WHERE plants = '" & yieldsummary.cbPlant.Text & "' AND Year(dates) = " & cbYear.Text & ";"
        da = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(sql, con)
        da.Fill(ds, "summary")
        con.Close()

maxrow = ds.Tables("summary").Rows.Count

For a = 0 To maxrow - 1
sql2 = "SELECT * FROM summary WHERE Year(dates) = " & cbYear.Text & " AND plants = '" & yieldsummary.cbPlant.Text & "' AND line = '" & cbLine.Text & "'AND [B]Month(dates) = '" & ds.Tables("summary").Rows(a).Item("dates") & "'[/B]"

Next a

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Which query is giving you the error -- you have two? Also can you please post the exception you're receiving?

The code just connects to the database, it doesn't retrieve data

You should read this.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post979710.html#post979710

Which query is giving you the error -- you have two? Also can you please post the exception you're receiving?

Probably from the first one because the second is just an SQL command.

Kindly mark thread as solved.

con.Open()
        sql = "SELECT DISTINCT Month(dates) FROM summary WHERE plants = '" & yieldsummary.cbPlant.Text & "' AND Year(dates) = " & cbYear.Text & ";"
        da.Fill(ds, "summary")
        con.Close()

For a = 0 To maxrow - 1
sql2 = "SELECT * FROM summary WHERE Year(dates) = " & cbYear.Text & " AND plants = '" & yieldsummary.cbPlant.Text & "' AND line = '" & cbLine.Text & "'AND [B]Month(dates) = '" & ds.Tables("summary").Rows(a).Item("dates") & "'[/B]"

Next a

The error msg come out by sql2 as "The column dates is not belong to table summary. So i just wonder what is the problem actually, this is because the first sql do not have the problem at all when i SELECT Month(dates). I get to know the problem is in my sql2 (WHERE Month(dates) = '" & ds.Tables("summary").Rows(a).Item("dates") & "')My full coding as below:

sql = "SELECT DISTINCT Month(dates) FROM summary WHERE plants = '" yieldsummary.cbPlant.Text & "' AND Year(dates) = " & cbYear.Text & ";"  
  da.Fill(ds, "summary")

For a = 0 To maxrow - 1

sql2 = "SELECT * FROM summary WHERE Year(dates) = " & cbYear.Text & " AND plants = '" & yieldsummary.cbPlant.Text & "' AND line = '" & cbLine.Text & "'AND dates = '" & (ds.Tables("summary").Rows(a).Item("dates")) & "'"
 da2 = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(sql2, con2)
da2.Fill(ds2, "summary")

Dim maxrow2 As Integer = ds2.Tables("summary").Rows.Count 
For b = 0 To maxrow2 - 1

a1 = ds2.Tables("summary").Rows(b).Item("PartID")
                a2 = ds2.Tables("summary").Rows(b).Item("PartMD")
                a3 = ds2.Tables("summary").Rows(b).Item("PartOD")
                YellowGreen(a) = YellowGreen(a) + (a1 + a2 + a3)

Next b

Next a
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.