hello all of you !
i am making a simple form which can create the text file from the database table , for this , i am using this code at the load event of my form so that it can create the files at the load time.

IO.File.Create("C:\Customers.txt")
            IO.File.Create("C:\Towns.txt")
            IO.File.Create("C:\Products.txt")

this code is working fine , but when i try to write my data in these file then the error come which is
"the process cannot access the file 'c:\towns.txt' because it is used by another process"
i dont know where this file is used by my computer , Please help me in this as i am stuck here , if you have somthing better then this .please tell me

Regards

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by M.Waqas Aslam

As soon as u create the file, it is in open state....u need to close the object of the file and then try to load the data...

FileClose()

Edited by poojavb

thanks pooja , !
i am now using this code

IO.File.Create("C:\Towns.txt")
            FileClose()
            IO.File.Create("C:\Customers.txt")
            FileClose()
            IO.File.Create("C:\Products.txt")
            FileClose()

but still i got same error , :(

Regards

Hi,

I think this is a better way to create a textfile:

Dim fs As New FileStream("Towns.txt", FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write)
        'declaring a FileStream and creating a text file named Towns with 
        'access mode of writing
        Dim s As New StreamWriter(fs)
        'creating a new StreamWriter and passing the filestream object fs as argument

s.Close()
        'closing the file
Votes + Comments
Nice and Perfect

i am now using this code
but still i got same error , :(

Look at the return value of File.Create--it returns a FileStream object. If you want to close the file immediately, you need to do something like this:

FileStream fs = File.Create("fred.txt");
fs.Close();

Or if you're into the whole brevity thing:

File.Create("barney.txt").Close();

If you're going to be writing to it pretty soon after, though, it's better to keep the stream object around and just write to it later.

thank you so so very much both of you , pooja this time your code worked perfectly ,

Regards

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.