HI everyone ,In this semester i have a course on data structure , My teacher is going to recomend us C# or C++ for implementing structures . i have good skills on c language and java but dont know C# and i hate c++(however i have learnt some bit of c++),plz tell me whether java or c will work fine and efficiently or i should learn c++? Thnx for your wisdom words.

You can always prefer Java over C++.

When it comes to compare Java and C#.....

Java and C# are both good languages to learn.

Both are similar to C but are object oriented ( You would have learnt in C++ )

C# with .NET framework gives you an excellent environment to build your application where Java lacks a little (compared to .NET framework).

Java is platform independent as C. ( you can have your application run on windows, Linux etc. ). C# application can only be run on windows ( there are packs which make C# too a platfom independent language (MONO for Linux, Android etc.) )

These are the two points that came to my mind.

P.S. I am a C# programmer

Edited 4 Years Ago by samsylvestertty

HI everyone ,In this semester i have a course on data structure , My teacher is going to recomend us C# or C++ for implementing structures . i have good skills on c language and java but dont know C# and i hate c++(however i have learnt some bit of c++),plz tell me whether java or c will work fine and efficiently or i should learn c++? Thnx for your wisdom words.

If your teacher only allows C# or C++ then it's irrelevant how "fine" or "efficiently" Java or C will work. You need to verify that those languages are allowed first. But yes, you can use any of the four stated languages for implementing data structures.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.