I hooked a game's OpenGL.dll with my own glwrapper but this game uses two dll's.. It uses a wrapper of OpenGL32 and my hook is also a wrapper. So what I need:

I want to know if these symbols point to the same functions..

http://i.imgur.com/eMZC5.png

@28, @28, @28.. That means they all point to the same function when exported right? The same export numbers mean they all point to a single function right?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

All of the examples I've seen have ordinals separated from the function name by white space; your numbers appear to be part of the mangled names. I think @28 indicates the total size of the function's arguments.

Hmm I'm not sure what you mean. I used a program called DLL ExportViewer and that's what it printed. I've checked off Show Unmangled Names only.

When I export a function, when I want it to redirect to a custom function I do:

SomeFunctioncall = MyDetouredFunction

And whenever the DLL is loaded, if someone calls SomeFunctioncall it will instead call MyDetouredFunction for example.

I was wondering if those @ numbers mean that they all point to the same thing but I will assume you are correct. Thank you.

I was wondering if those @ numbers mean that they all point to the same thing

I'm saying I don't think they do. Now that I know you're using DLL Export Viewer, I can say that with certainty. The two hex columns after the name are "address" and "relative address"--these tell you where the names point.

but I will assume you are correct.

Don't assume, we know what that does :)

I've checked off Show Unmangled Names only.

Well, different compilers mangle names differently. I think one of two things is going on here: Either DLL Export Viewer doesn't officially support unmangling the output of whatever compiler was used originally, but it does well enough that all it leaves is the parameter size at the end; or maybe it's adding the parameter size to the name itself, though that seems unlikely.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.