i am developing an app that can import csv file and display its content on the text area of the GUi. the challenge am facing is calling the readfile method from the event listener to display the data. the readfile method is void and wouldnt be accepted. based on my findings the readfile method has to return an array after reading the file,spliting, and storing in a 2 dimensional array. i have been on this all day, any1 care to put me tru on how to write this code? would be glad. my original idea was to dispay the data on a table already provided on the gui.. but it seems more complex than i thought so i suggested to go with displaying the data on the text area.

Yes, it would make sense for the readFile method to return the data it has read. A 2D array is one sensible option. It's straightforward to create a table that displays a 2D array - all you need is a second array that has the column names.
Post what you have done so far and someone will help move you in the right direction.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.