HI folks,

pardon my ingorance, but is there a possible way to connect to ms sql express directly to the server or you have to copy the .mdf file to your project and then connect to?

another question
how do you connect to the ms sql express? (I come from PHP mySQl I'm not familiar with this technology)
cna some one explain me how this connection string really works?

Thanx
Fiska

HI folks,

pardon my ingorance, but is there a possible way to connect to ms sql express directly to the server or you have to copy the .mdf file to your project and then connect to?

another question
how do you connect to the ms sql express? (I come from PHP mySQl I'm not familiar with this technology)
cna some one explain me how this connection string really works?

Thanx
Fiska

Yes, you can. tell me what script are you using and for what do you need it and I will help you. Actually it is easy and not very complex.

Yes, you can. tell me what script are you using and for what do you need it and I will help you. Actually it is easy and not very complex.

By the way PHP connection is similar to sqlexpress connection. but just answer my questions and I will teach you how to create a variable and connect it to the sqlexpress.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.