I have a Thread running sql query
how can do i force stop the thread when i dont want to use it anymore.

I have a form that loads 100k from sql server
i retrieve first the 2k then the thread runs to retrieve the other data
i want to kill the thread before it finish when i close the form.
Thread.Abort() is useless.. any help?

Thread.Abort() or Thread.Join() are the two simplest ways of ceasing a thread from running. What issue do you have with Thread.Abort()?

Thank you for the reply..The issue is when the sql query still not finish and i want to abort the thread that running the sql query. The sql query still run i cannot close the sql connection.

here is the scenario. i have a datagrid view when i click the add item buttom it loads a form. the form retrieves 2000 data first and store it in a temporary table with a different connection and the last data are retrieve by a differnt connection and stores and a different temp table then i drop the first temp table.
i design my form like this because its to slow to retrieve all data, I want the user not to wait for a long time but can select and view from the first 2000 while the program is still retriving the other data

You could give SqlCommand.Cancel() a try, although I hear it isn't very reliable. Another option is to close the connection. Closing the connection should immediately raise an exception (which you'll have to deal with).

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.