ukwa 0 Newbie Poster

Hi guys,
Does any one have any ideas as to how I could accomplish this:

Specification (draft)
1)
To calculate a running total of flexible working hours and show it in calendar view based on a reference calendar which is on server in "Public Folders" with a name "Standard Working Hours"

A separate "Balance ticket" can be generated as well and user may open the balance ticket to get all the required information. These information are updated regularly

Another option is to place the information in the "Tasks" folder of the user or some other special "Own Working Hours"

2) To calculate own daily working hours based on a reference calendar which is on server in "Public Folders" with a name "Working Hours"

3) To check that there are no overlapping hours (overlapping appointments are OK, but the ones starting with an integer are not permitted to overlap). A RED error ticket may be generated or some other form of error message should be displayed to the user in error condition.

4) TO make a balance correction - if needed based on special "balance correction" appoinment on the day given for the future days

5) To produce a (given time span) report of used working hours to specific codenumber or task.

Tools:
1) Outlook-2000 + forms
2) visual basic
Could someone give me some advice on this with respect to:
What type of form I should design (contact,journal,mail etc).
What I should do to make the application up and running, cos this has been my headaches for months and has been lingering my graduation.
I have the codes to do the calculations, but I dont know where to place them and at what stage in the form design.
Also i dont know whether it should be at the COM ADD IN, or Global.asa.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The form would be stored in a public folder of an exchange server.
Thanks in advance