Hi
this is a PSEUDOCODE. I don't know if is the right place to ask.
Can someone takes a look of my pseudocode? I am not sure if I understood the assignment. Thanks!

Equinox Nursery maintains records about all the plants it has in stock. The nursery needs a program that prompts the user for yard conditions (light and soil preferences), reads in a file containing plant data with records in the format below, and then displays plants that meet the requested criteria. The light choices include "sunny", "partial sun", and "shady". The soil choices include "clay" and "sandy". Write the pseudocode for this program. (Note: You may assume that the user enters one of the correct light and soil preferences and do not need to do error checking.)

PLANT FILE DESCRIPTION
File name: PLANTS
FIELD DESCRIPTION   DATA TYPE   EXAMPLE 
Plant Name          Character   Palm
Price               Numeric     12.99
Light Preference        Character   sunny
Soil Preference         Character   clay

Answer:

start
   Declarations
        string light 
string soil

input light, soil
    DisplayPlant(light, soil)
stop

DisplayPlant(light, soil)
   Declarations
    InputFile  PlantStockRecord
    string plants
num price
string soilPreference
string lightPreference
housekeeping ()
finish ()
return

housekeeping ()
    open PlantStockRecord “PlantStockRecord.dat”
input plants, price, soilPreference, lightPreference from PlantStockRecord
soilPreference = soil
lightPreference= light
 output plants, price, soilPreference, lightPreference
return
finish ()
close PlantStockRecord “PlantStockRecord.dat”
return

That seems a reasonable start. I would now expect to see quite a lot more detail about how you find the plants that meet the criteria - probably some kind of loop with an if test???
Ps proper indentation makes this much easoer to read, and helps you spot errors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.