im very new to c++ and was just wondering if its possible to make a simple program where you type the name of the file and when you press enter it downloads that file from the internet to a certain place on your computer.
where would the files be stored? could you store on internet or would they have to come from my pc via internet to were i want it downloaded?
could you show some source code with explanations of it?
thankyou =)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

... and was just wondering if its possible to make a simple program where you type the name of the file and when you press enter it downloads that file from the internet to a certain place on your computer.

Of course it is.

where would the files be stored?

Where your program tells it, or better yet, where the user says.

could you store on internet or would they have to come from my pc via internet to were i want it downloaded?

Either.

could you show some source code with explanations of it?

No. But you can search the internet for information and example code.

im very new to c++

Then you aren't ready to tackle this progrm yet. You need to learn a lot more about the language before attempting to try networking.

Thank you :) I searched the Internet but when I put download into the search bar it just came up with downloads. Could you reccomend somewhere were I can get good source code and tutorials? Thanks

Nope. Never cared to progam anything like that.

Socket programming might help you in this. You may go through beej's tutorial on socket programming.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.