Hi,
I am trying to generate a sales report for a given date in the crystal report. In my table i have a billdate and other information. Now what i am trying to do is to get all the sales into my report when i specify a date. I have set a parameter {?dailysale}. But the selection formula {bill.BillDate} = {?dailysale} gives me a error saying {?dailysale} has to be a string, (I have set the parameter to a date). But in the report when i give something like {bill.BillDate} = "2012-08-20". It works fine.

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by necrovore

Try setting the parameter as DateTime datatype. If this does not work, delete the parameter and re-create it. Hope this helps.

Thanx for your inputs M. Waqas Aslam ans afbenaza. Thing is i did use use selection formula that is when i had the above mentioned error. Tried datetime too, did not work. But yeah, i did figure it out, although my method is quite a FIX rather than a right way of doing it. I set the parameter as a string, then convert the date format to the format my database saves it in and then get the required info from the table.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.