I am quite confuse between Visual Basic 6 & VB.net. Can someone please explain what is the different between these 2? I have some comment from my friend saying it is better to learn VB.net than VB since i am a beginner. Is the VB refer to visual basic 6 ? i am confuse.

I am quite confuse between Visual Basic 6 & VB.net. Can someone please explain what is the different between these 2? I have some comment from my friend saying it is better to learn VB.net than VB since i am a beginner. Is the VB refer to visual basic 6 ? i am confuse.

There are a lot of differences between VB 6 and VB.Net ,even though you still have the base Basic syntax in VB.Net . In VB.Net everything is object and you will be do a object oriented programming. In VB 6 you still can 'skip over' the object oriented techiques. One of the major changes between VB 6 and VB.Net is as the name implied , .NET technology. The application you develop will be driven by the .Net framework and in VB 6 is very much driven by the COM component (you can still use the COM in VB.Net). If you just start to pick up programming, I would advise you to go for VB.Net (Visual Basic 2005) . If you pick up VB 6 first, I am afraid you may get confused when later you opt for VB.Net particularly when you deal with object oriented programming.

VB refers to Visual Basic in general and Visual Basic 6 refers to Visual Basic version 6 (the last version before the .Net technology). The current version of VB is known as Visual Basic 2005 (or Visual Basic 8) and is the 3rd version of Visual Basic based on .Net framework

Hope this will answer your question

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.