I need some help with the following.

I have a form called frmMain that has a couple of icons, one of the icons when clicked loads frmNotes within a Panel, frmNotes has a ListView and i want to load data from a Microsoft Access Database Table into the ListView

I've tried with the following code however it is not working:

Imports System.Data.OleDb
Public Class frmNotes
    Public Populate As PsychologicalStateTrackerDataSet

Private Sub frmNotes_Resize(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Resize

End Sub

Private Sub frmNotes_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'PsychologicalStateTrackerDataSet.tblNotes' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
        Me.TblNotesTableAdapter.Fill(Me.PsychologicalStateTrackerDataSet.tblNotes)

For Each Note In PsychologicalStateTrackerDataSet.tblNotes

Dim Populate As New ListViewItem

Populate = ListViewSearch.Items.Add(Note.fldDate)

Populate.SubItems.Add(Note.fldTime)
            Populate.SubItems.Add(Note.fldThoughts)
            Populate.SubItems.Add(Note.fldEmotions)
            Populate.SubItems.Add(Note.fldPhysicalConsequences)
            Populate.SubItems.Add(Note.fldScore)

Next

End Sub

End Class

Have you set up the TblNotesTableAdapter with the necessary Access SQL command and connection
etc?

I would run in debug but before you go into the For each Note loop I'd check that PsychologicalStateTrackerDataSet.tblNotes.Rows.Count > 0 i.e. you have data.

Also what have you defined Note as? Looking at the code it should be a datarow but it looks like you have it as a class of some sort.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.