does anyone know where I can find some help on integration functions in c++?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I don't think there is any built in standard function to do it in C++. You need to use numerical techniques to solve this. Try implementing trapezoidal, simpson etc.. in C++.

The best way is to create your own classes in such situations. It is not difficult to find sample code on the net. Even if you find it, it won't be handy, because your own code can't take the place of someone else's.

I think it is a waste of time to try understanding sample codes written by other people. In stead, you should write your own code. Yeah, it may take more time but, it will be educatinal for you.

thanks for for help. I've programmed a simple runge-kutta function, it's not a good approximation but according to my lecturer it's good enough for this project

By integration functions do you mean stuff like this:

[IMG]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1562/int4kv.png[/IMG]

where the the upper and lower bounds are defined?

iamthwee, DaniWeb actually has built-in Tex functionality by using the tex bbcode. There is no need to hotlink tex from an image upload service

iamthwee=x^2

iamthwee, DaniWeb actually has built-in Tex functionality by using the tex bbcode. There is no need to hotlink tex from an image upload service

[tex]iamthwee=x^2[/tex]

Does it work for you? It doesn't appear to work for me.
[tex]y=x^2[/tex]

[Unparseable or potentially dangerous latex formula.
Error 4 ]

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Exactly, come on now dani... sort this and the code formatting problem like
I 've told you to. Use a javascript hack!

Embarassed Dani says she forgot to install LaTeX on our new webserver. :)

Use Gnu Scientific library, GSL.
Also there exist many free software numerical packages, e.g. ROOT (http://root.cern.ch)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.