Would be implementing a system which database is shared accross LAN nextweek.
All 5 units are of the same OS (Windows XP)
- 1 Server
- 4 Client
Database is MSAccess 2007
- (but 2003 format in case of compatibility issues)
Now here's my checklist:
- Make sure all units are under the same workgroup (name)
- Make sure the IP addresses belongs to the same network
- Enable file sharing on all units
- Make sure the folder where the database resides is shared
db.ConnectionString = "Data Source=" & App.Path & "\192.168.0.1\C:\Windows\Database.mdb"
Now my questions are:
- Is my database connection correct? (I'm planning to put the database in the Windows folder)
- Can I use the Server unit Computer Name instead of its ip address?
- Using the connection above, are the client units be able to save on the database even if the file/folder is hidden?
- Am I missing some things?