Hello Group

Nice to meet everyone. First time posting to forum. I hope to have better luck then I did on Sourceforge.net forum.

I am using DevC++ version 4.9.9.1. I am getting this error message in my compile log and I do not know how to fix this problem. Here is what my compile log is saying:

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win"
Executing make clean
rm -f main.o Project3.exe

gcc.exe -c main.c -o main.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"

gcc.exe main.o -o "Project3.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" Packages/sqlite-3.2.7.entry Packages/sqlite3.exe

c:\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.3.1\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:Packages/sqlite-3.2.7.entry: file format not recognized; treating as linker script
c:\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.3.1\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:Packages/sqlite-3.2.7.entry:1: parse error

make.exe: *** [Project3.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

What is Packages/sqlite-3.2.7.entry? I dont think you should be passing it to the compiler.

that is the file I get after I run the package installer for DevC++

Try just this command in a command prompt:

gcc file.c -o file.exe

If you're compiling with a project, create a new project without adding Packages/sqlite-3.2.7.entry to the project.

Try just this command in a command prompt:

gcc file.c -o file.exe

THat didn't work either

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Instead of pratting around trying to link this library with that, why don't you just uninstall the current version of Dev++. Go to the bloodshed website and install a fresh version.

Job done?

I didn't have to link nothing to get my basic programs to work.

:lol:

[IMG]http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/5171/cut20ln.png[/IMG]
Piworld ™
[Tis simple as Pie]

I had already used the latest version and I was getting the same error message. So I decided to go to a older version to see if I got it to work

What does this message from the complier mean:
[Build Error] Project3.exe error1.

how do I correct a the message:
Makefile.win [Biuild error].exe error1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.