Hello,

I have a set of fields which I need to save into my database, my problem is that the format with java and mysql doesn't match. I converted everything to String which works but I need to store the data as Date. As I will need to retrieve information between these two dates.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

The problem is that when I change the format in PHPMyAdmin to Date, it's giving me this:

com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Incorrect date value: 'Fri Sep 28 10:01:56 BST 2012' for column 'pay1d' at row 1

Java has two Date classes, one in java.util (that's the normal Java Date that connects to Calendar etc) and one in java.sql (that's the SQL-compatible version).
Both classes have methods to get and set their value as a long, so you can use a long value to convert easily between them.

Thank James for the hint. I found a way to convert the date:

java.util.Date utilDate = new java.util.Date();
    java.sql.Date sqlDate = new java.sql.Date(utilDate.getTime());

This gives me the date of the day in the format I want but how will I link it to the date chooser?

To save the date I have this code for now:

String date = date_s.getDate().toString();

where date_s is the variable name of the datechooser.

Presumably date_s.getDate() returns a java.util.date? In which case you could use code like line2 above. Just don't convert to String.

Edited 4 Years Ago by JamesCherrill

I have this but still there is an error

sqlDate = date_s.getDate();

Your earlier code had a correct converion (line 2). Use that example to understand the correct way to do this.
ps: "still there is an error"? You should ALWAYS post the complete text of any error messages. Nobody here has the time to guess what the error message could be.

I tried this line after the two line above

Date date = sqlDate.getDate();

However it is asking me to change the variable type to int, I need Date. I am confused.

java.sql.Date sqlDate = new java.sql.Date(utilDate.getTime()); // good
sqlDate = date_s.getDate(); // bad

can you see the method call you left out?

utilDate.getTime() this is the one. But I don't know where I should place it.

I tried sqlDate = date_s.getDate(utilDate.getTime()); but no success

1. Get the Java Date from the chooser.
  2. get the time (mSecs) from the Java Date
  3. create a new SQL Date using the time (mSecs)

I got itttt!!!

date_s.getDate().getTime();

java.sql.Date date = new java.sql.Date(date_s.getDate().getTime());

Thank you, it's working now

hi all!
i have a problem with jdatechooser, when i added a day with format yyyy-mm-dd (same mysql) it have a error is: com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Incorrect date value: 'Tue Jan 01 00:01:00 ICT 2013' for column 'day' at row 1

how to fix this error...thank.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.