Here's what I am trying to do:

1. As long as my generic handler gets HttpRequest, push it into a queue and just return empty response so that the request sender does not wait for the long process.
2. A thread keeps checking if there is anything is the queue. If it finds, do its work and save data into DB.

I have been working on IHttpAsyncHandler but it just seems to return a work thread back to thread pool so that it can receive another request and the request sender still needs to wait for a response. Does anyone have an idea of making a job queue and perform tasks on the back after sending an instant empty response?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You could make the work handler a service and pass it the information as you receive it. No need for threading or async handling.

You mean to add another ashx file into the solution? IS it what you are talking about? would you be more specific?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.