Hey everyone, iv'e been working on a Hangman code for weeks for the beginning of a semester long portfolio, iv'e tried several codes, but no matter what i do i can't seem to make it work...
The specifics for the program were:
- Create a list of possible words called "words.txt" (iv'e got that down obviously
The games suppose to display the word to be guessed as a series of "*"'s.
If the letters guessed correctly, the letter becomes displayed amongst the series of "*"'s.
- Display all the letters used (correctly & incorrectly) above the word.
- If the words guessed correctly, add up the score (5 points per letters and -5 off the final score per word that was guessing incorrectly e.g. - if the words "blue" then it'll be worth 20 points, 3 wrong guesses makes the final score 5).
- If the player gets 5 wrong guesses, it's an instant loss, and they get a score of 0.
- If the player looses, prompt them to input their name and have it stored in another text file labelled "scores.txt".
- And then, start again with a new word.
And last but most certainly not least, it all needs to be done using console only.
All in all it's a pretty straight forward game of Hangman, but since it's only my first semester in software development, i still REALLY suck ...
Don't get the wrong idea though, i'm not asking you guys to do my work for me, this is only the first part of our portfolio work, it'll need to be developed each week as the semester goes.
I'm just looking for some help on the foundation of the code, since i'm literally clueless as to how it's suppose to be done, or even started.
Thank you all for at least reading all this, my lecturer doesn't even seem to know how to do it ...