Hi,
In my program, i have created 10 richtextbox dynamically. in all richtextbox i gather text form various websites.
All is going fine. now what i want is- i need to print all/selected richtextbox text to printer and also saves it to Word file as following formate:

• Richtextbox1 (or something like header)

richtextbox1.text.............
    =========================================

• Richtextbox2 (or something like header)

richtextbox2.text.............

• Richtextbox3 (or something like header)

richtextbox3.text.............

Can anyone help me on this issue? I hope i can do a crystal report based on it. But I have generated richtextbox dynamically. If possible by Crystal Report, how to get above format for richtextboxes one after one? How can i print on white page?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Send the text to Word first, then use Word to print it.

Did you search the forums first?
If you search the forum for "Word RichText" you'll find 6+ pages of discussions - I'm sure some of that code can be adapted to your needs, this one for example...

richtextbox.savefile will save the contents to a rich text file. I can't remember the exact parameters. Print should be able to be done by the print dialog, or once it's saved through Word.

richtextbox.savefile will save the contents to a rich text file. I can't remember the exact parameters.

RichTextBox.SaveFile(String)   
RichTextBox.SaveFile(Stream, RichTextBoxStreamType)
RichTextBox.SaveFile(String, RichTextBoxStreamType)

MSDN Documentation here.

Do you need to print from the application?

If so, printing with a WPF RichTextBox, it is pretty easy to get WYSIWYG results. It even handles embedded images. :)

Even if it is a WinForm application, you can always host a WPF RichTextBox in the Winform app.

I would recommend that you save as RTF. Word can read an RTF document.

Actually I'm looking for the solution where i can make above format automatically.
assume, i have more than 100 Richtextbox an i want to print on Word/PDF file by serially.

Sounds like you need a control array. It's not as intuitive in .net as VB6 but it can be done. Here's a link to an article from the MSDN Library on it. Here's a link to a project on control arrays

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.