I'm trying to find two cases in a test string.

_Large and jpeg

Here is my string :

E:\Music Test Folder\Lamb of God\Wrath\AlbumArt_{F5969BAB-11BC-49E0-9B56-B6E9654204B7}_Large.jpeg

And here is my expression:

Match large = Regex.Match(file, @"^.*(_Large).(jpeg)$/i", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);

I cannot get a match.

What am I doing wrong?

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by singularity~
Featured Replies
  • I dont think you need the '/i' at the end when you already have RegexOptions.IgnoreCase . The whole p Try this out. Match large = Regex.Match(file, @"^.*(_Large).(jpeg)$", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase); Read More

Just a thought. Are the image files really saved as '.jpeg'? I've looked on my system and all the album art ones I can find are '.jpg'. If this is the case, on yours too, your expression won't find anything. Read More

In looking at your code, I can't help wondering if you're trying to use a sledge hammer to crack a walnut. consider the following. It does the same thing with fewer line of code. foreach (string file in Files) { if(file.Contains(".mp3")||files.Contains(".mpg")) { r = new ID3Reader(file); string _songName = c.toString(r.getSongName()); … Read More

I dont think you need the '/i' at the end when you already have RegexOptions.IgnoreCase . The whole p

Try this out.

Match large = Regex.Match(file, @"^.*(_Large).(jpeg)$", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);

The variable is holding a file path string

Here is the code:

public void processFiles(string path)
        {
            string[] files;
            string[] directories;

files = Directory.GetFiles(path);
            foreach (string file in files)
            {
                ID3Reader r;
                Match m = Regex.Match(file, @"^.*\.(mp3|mpg)$", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
                if (m.Success)
                {
                    r = new ID3Reader(file);

string _songName = c.toString(r.getSongName());
                    string _artistName = c.toString(r.getArtistName());
                    string _albumName = c.toString(r.getAlbumName());
                    string _songPath = r.getSongPath();

Dispatcher.Invoke((Action)(() => artistName.Content = _artistName));
                    Dispatcher.Invoke((Action)(() => songName.Content = _songName));
                    Dispatcher.Invoke((Action)(() => albumName.Content = _albumName));

q.insertSong(_artistName, _albumName, _songName, _songPath);
                }
                Match small = Regex.Match(file, @"^.*(_Small).(jpeg)$", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
                if (small.Success)
                {
                    continue;
                }
                Match large = Regex.Match(file, @"^.*(_Large).(jpeg)$",  RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
                if (large.Success)
                {

}
            }
            directories = Directory.GetDirectories(path);
            foreach (string directory in directories)
            {
                processFiles(directory);
            }
        }

I'm getting a match here, not sure why you aren't (using your example from the first post and the code from the last post).

Maybe the problem isn't the match but the code once there is a match. What you submitted doesn't show any code.

I can't submit anymore code. I think my code clearly states what I'm trying to accomplish. The file variable is passed a string with a absolute path. I am trying to determine if it is a small image or a large image. I have been trying to get my regular expression to test the string. So far I have had no luck other than getting a online expression evaluator (Rubular) to confirm my expression. WPF on the other hand does not accept my expression. I am hoping someone can help me figure out why. Thanks.

Just a thought. Are the image files really saved as '.jpeg'? I've looked on my system and all the album art ones I can find are '.jpg'. If this is the case, on yours too, your expression won't find anything.

Edited by tinstaafl

In looking at your code, I can't help wondering if you're trying to use a sledge hammer to crack a walnut. consider the following. It does the same thing with fewer line of code.

foreach (string file in Files)
            {
                if(file.Contains(".mp3")||files.Contains(".mpg"))
                {
                    r = new ID3Reader(file);
                    string _songName = c.toString(r.getSongName());
                    string _artistName = c.toString(r.getArtistName());
                    string _albumName = c.toString(r.getAlbumName());
                    string _songPath = r.getSongPath();
                    Dispatcher.Invoke((Action)(() => artistName.Content = _artistName));
                    Dispatcher.Invoke((Action)(() => songName.Content = _songName));
                    Dispatcher.Invoke((Action)(() => albumName.Content = _albumName));
                    q.insertSong(_artistName, _albumName, _songName, _songPath);
                }
                else if(file.Contains("_Small.jpg"))
                {

}
                else if(file.Contains("_Large.jpg"))
                {

}
            }
This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.