1. Write a program that asks the user the size and the elements of the array. The program should display the reverse of the array.

Example:

INPUT output
Enter the List The list
10 10 20 30 40 50
30 The inverse of the list
40 50 40 30 20 10

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The example you posted doesn't make any sense to me. If you input 5 numbers 1 2 3 4 5 the inverse is 5 4 3 2 1, is that what you want?

To make it easy and simple.
1st you must declare an array of ints, having known its size, like:

int array [5];

2nd you must introduce items into the array, by parshing through it and assigning each element to corresponding position in the array. Say, you have an array of 5 items, you have also those 5 items: 12,43,15,652,231, all you have to do is to asign items to the array.

array[0]=12;

3rd get the reverse of the list by printing the list in reverse order, as this:

//by knowing its size of 5:
for (int i=5;i--;){
    //print your array;
}

for (int i=5;i--;){

I know what you mean, but it would be better to make a standard loop that newbe can understand and that us oldies don't have to think very much about (our thinking power is somewhat diminished)

for(int i = 4; i >= 0; i--)

Yes :) you could make it more visible that way...
Kinda ironic this example, since I've tried to make it an easy example. Indeed, that makes the looping more visible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.