Hello

Im trying to make a small program but when I get the .EXE from the Debug or/and the Release folder it complains about a DLL missing (RestSharp) which is avaliable in those folders if I move it to (for example) C:/ How can I "embed" the DLL into the EXE? Standalone program.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You don't embed DLLs into executables, you package them in an installer such that they're copied to and registered with the target machine. So in your case you need to create a setup and deployment project. This project will produce an MSI that will handle installing all of the required files to run your application.

You don't embed DLLs into executables, you package them in an installer such that they're copied to and registered with the target machine. So in your case you need to create a setup and deployment project. This project will produce an MSI that will handle installing all of the required files to run your application.

No way to do this then? That sucks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.