Hey guys. I was thinking about writing a C++ tutorial. What do you think are the hardest topics to cover in C++? I know a lot of people have a hard time with pointers, but I was wondering what you guys think.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Help would be appreciated to write the 2nd half of my C++ tutorial ;D Mine ends with classes. I don't even hint about pointers or linked lists! :o

Pointers I think need the most amount of time to cover. No one ever seems to get them. I've spoken to ppl who had Liang for 016 and ppl who had Kamberova for 016 and many ppl in both had a hard time.

C++, specificially, aside ... how about a tutorial for CSC users aimed at the theory stuff? (Ya know, the crappy stuff). Logic stuff. Ways of coming up with algorithms. How to use pseudocode to come up with ideas for code.

Just an idea!

did yall ever finish the tutorial? sounds interesting...

Nope, haven't started. I was going to write it a few months ago, but classes and work got in the way. This summer I'll get around to it. It's always fun writing a tutorial... maybe I'm the only that thinks so... or maybe I'm just weird.

TechTalkGal wrote a good C++ tutorial. Maybe she'll put a link up for you guys to look at.

actually i think working on a tut is pretty kewl as well - we're putting 2gether a CCNA tut @work - mostly flash: VERY KEWL! - thats aimed at getting us all cert'd after 8 weeks (3.75hrs/wk training); i'm 1 of 2 editors on the proj & its a lot of fun! 8)

I like writing tutorials such as programming, but not big into writing graphics/music tutorials. I'm very involved in the graphics and music scene as well, and for those types of tutorials you have to have a lot of pictures and be more visual. Takes some fun from just happily typing along a tutorial.

Still plan on writing that tutorial?

Most definitely. I always want to remember C++ and have it handy because it's such an awesome language. Power, speed... ooh. I'll get started after I finish my web dev tutorial. 8)

Very cool. I love C++ - it's my favorite language, mostly b/c I'm most comfortable in it.

Really? Then you would LOVE Perl. How about ColdFusion? or PHP. Those are "adorable" languages so you would like them. 8)

My C++ tutorials are finally up in the new Tutorials section!

Nice! I still don't see how you could think VB is annoying. :roll:

That would be awesome!!!! Please do so.. sound like I need to contact you direct :)

Hey guys. I was thinking about writing a C++ tutorial. What do you think are the hardest topics to cover in C++? I know a lot of people have a hard time with pointers, but I was wondering what you guys think.

Im a computing syudent and we struggle alot with CS things like working out the amount of colours and max resolution from the video ram and working out the maximum word lenth - those sort of mathsy things. if someone were to write a tutorial absout it it would be popular

I would like to request the letter count and word count code in C programming

> I would like to request the letter count and word count code in C programming
I would like to request that you read THIS FIRST

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.