Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ddanbe

so far I have done this and this draws a straight line from the top left corner to the bottom right corner. I have tried adding other codes to make a worm like shape but I failed.

Public class form1
Dim MyGraphics as Graphics

Private Sub Button1_click(ByVal sender As system.Object_ByVal As system.EventArgs) Handles Button1.click

MyGraphics=Me.CreateGraphics

MyGraphics.Drawline(Pens.Black,0,0,500,500)

End Sub
   End Class

I am trying to draw something that looks like a worm. the worm is supposed to have segments with different colors. any clues?

MyGraphics.Drawline(Pens.Black,0,0,50,50)
MyGraphics.Drawline(Pens.Red,50,50,75,75)
Pen myPen = new Pen(Color.Green, 5f)
MyGraphics.Drawline(myPen,75,75,150,100)
myPen.Width = 7f
myPen.Color = Color.LightSteelBlue
MyGraphics.Drawline(myPen,150,100,200,375)
etc. etc.

thank u sir that helped a bit! I still got a long way to go and a little more help would be great

I am supposed to draw multicolored worms using graphics. I have tried adding the codes you provided but when I run it, it does not display anything. is there anything else I should try?

Instead of using the click event of a button, use the Paint event of the form. It will give you a PaintEventArgs argument which contains a Graphics object to draw in.Use the code already provided. It should work. Success!

Well, just try this:

Public Class Form1
    Dim MyGraphics As Graphics

Private Sub Form1_Paint(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles MyBase.Paint
        MyGraphics = e.Graphics
        MyGraphics.DrawLine(Pens.Black, 0, 0, 50, 50)
        MyGraphics.DrawLine(Pens.Green, 50, 50, 75, 75)
        Dim myPen As New Pen(Color.Red, 5.0F)
        MyGraphics.DrawLine(myPen, 75, 75, 150, 100)
        myPen.Width = 7.0F
        myPen.Color = Color.LightSteelBlue
        MyGraphics.DrawLine(myPen, 150, 100, 200, 375)
    End Sub

End Class

yes there is success! it managed to draw three different colored lines! know I have a clue on what to do next, thank you sir for your help, it has been truly helpful

If you have any more questions, please do ask us, and mark this thread as solved.
Glad to help you out. :o)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.