so I've been looking for a good forum to post to frequently that would help with me problems in my programming if I come across them. Well, this looks like as good a place as any, so I figured I'd let you guys know that I'm a beginner programmer and I just had the idea to try and write a program that will help other people write C++ programs. now, of course it's gonna have major errors, but it should be able to do simple coding. I have a few ideas on how to do this, but if you guys have any input or ideas to include, i'd love to hear them.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

idea to try and write a program that will help other people write C++ programs

I don't think you should be doing this just now, IMO because as you said you're a beginner yourself - Teach yourself before you start writing tutorials etc.. :) Of course, it might be a learning curve for you to try and write and understand the logic but like you said, there would be a lot of errors.

I don't know what you're asking, anything specific?

well, when i say i'm a beginner i mean i don't know EVERYTHING or even close to everything about C++, but i've already made the beginning to a text-based game, and several super simple practice and joke programs just to mess around. so i could make a simple tutorial/guide just to help out my friends or myself to learn more about it.

the basic concept i want to do is for it to ask for your number of variables, the types of variable, the value of said variables, and what you want the screen to print, what you want the input to be set as, and then it'd code it into another .cpp file that you can compile however you want. there's a lot more that i plan to do with it, but that's the simple idea.

i was curious if someone has a way that THEY'D go about doing something like this or any other ideas to add into the abilities of the program.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.