So working on something and it is running on asp.net so this page is refreshing a lot.

It has numbers in a textbox that have been counted and keep changing all day long.
What I want to so the textbox witht he highest number is turned green.

int[] MyNumbers = new int[] { Convert.ToInt32(Line1Scale1.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line1Scale2.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line1Scale3.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line1Scale4.Text), 
                Convert.ToInt32(Line1Scale5.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line1Scale6.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line1Scale7.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line2Scale1.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line2Scale2.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line2Scale3.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line2Scale4.Text), 
                Convert.ToInt32(Line2Scale5.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line2Scale6.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line2Scale7.Text),Convert.ToInt32(Line3Scale1.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line3Scale2.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line3Scale3.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line3Scale4.Text), 
                Convert.ToInt32(Line3Scale5.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line3Scale6.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line3Scale7.Text),Convert.ToInt32(Line4Scale1.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line4Scale2.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line4Scale3.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line4Scale4.Text), 
                Convert.ToInt32(Line4Scale5.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line4Scale6.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line4Scale7.Text),Convert.ToInt32(Line5Scale1.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line5Scale2.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line5Scale3.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line5Scale4.Text), 
                Convert.ToInt32(Line5Scale5.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line5Scale6.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line5Scale7.Text),Convert.ToInt32(Line7Scale1.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line7Scale2.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line7Scale3.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line7Scale4.Text), 
                Convert.ToInt32(Line7Scale5.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line7Scale6.Text), Convert.ToInt32(Line7Scale7.Text) };
            Array.Sort(MyNumbers);
            MyNumbers.Max();

That is what I have so far. I do not know where to go from there. I know will grab the top number but how would I change that ones color to green? Any help?

Make an array of your textboxes and color the textbox with the maximum in it.
LineXScaleY screams out to be an array.

Edited 3 Years Ago by ddanbe: addition

A simple little routine like this will loop through the textboxes and set the backcolor of the one with the highest value:

Dim MaxTB As New TextBox()
    MaxTB.Text = "0"
    For Each tb As TextBox In Me.Controls.OfType(Of TextBox)()
        Dim MaxValue As Double = 0
        If tb.Name.StartsWith("Line") AndAlso Double.TryParse(tb.Text, MaxValue) AndAlso MaxValue > Double.Parse(MaxTB.Text) Then
            MaxTB = tb
        End If
    Next
    MaxTB.BackColor = Color.Green

You have to reduce your postbacks while calculating the maximum value.

So My suggestion is to use a javascript to get the value and do the following.

1) Store the data in an array as ddanbe said. The array will look like [12,2554,523,..].
2) Use the following code to get the max

Array.max = function( array )
{
return Math.max.apply( Math, array );
};

and regarding the color change, use a CSS class

CSS

.max 
{
  border:2px solid green;
}

javascript

if(condition) 'to check the max number
{
document.getElementById("num1").className = document.getElementById("fName").className + " max";
}

Hope this helps you my friend...:-D

Edited 3 Years Ago by ss125: insufficient

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.