I've got a 2 tricky questions for u. Can anyone write:
1). A "Hello World" program in 'C' without using any semicolon.
2). A 'C' program without using any loop (if, for, while,etc...) to print numbers.

A friend gave me those questions but up till now i have not been able to do them..!!

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Yes. They are so commonly asked that googling them ought to spoonfeed you enough results to choke a donkey.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

What is this 'google' you talk of? :?:

>A friend gave me those questions but up till now i have not been able to do them..!!
Is your "friend" a teacher who teaches C and who's class you happen to be in?

What is this 'google' you talk of? :?:

Its a search engine for the internet. see www.google.com. type in a key word(s) and it will try to find it. Sometimes it works ok, but often it will return trillions of answers :mrgreen:

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Its a search engine for the internet. see www.google.com. type in a key word(s) and it will try to find it. Sometimes it works ok, but often it will return trillions of answers :mrgreen:

*smartass* - stolen from narue.
:cheesy:

while((std::cout << "Hello World"<< std::endl) == 0){}

while((std::cout << "Hello World"<< std::endl) == 0){}

What strange C you write. :p

What strange C you write. :p

:eek: :eek:

2). A 'C' program without using any loop (if, for, while,etc...) to print numbers.

A friend gave me those questions but up till now i have not been able to do them..!!

a sophisticated,convoluted code any other programmer make proud of .... is a bad programming practice... why not keep it simple and readable... <dietel & dietel books..>

a sophisticated,convoluted code any other programmer make proud of .... is a bad programming practice... why not keep it simple and readable... <dietel & dietel books..>

This is the program without using semicolon. Iam antony from india my mail id <<email snipped>> welcome some more queries.

main()
{
if(printf("Hello World"))
{

}
}

Now spammers will kill your ID :) :)

This is the program without using semicolon. Iam antony from india my mail id <<email snipped>> welcome some more queries.

main()
{
if(printf("Hello World"))
{

}
}

Oooooops....
i m a bit late.
Antonyraj put the same code which otherwise i would have done.:) :)
Right now.... trying to solve the other one.
i think functions would be a way to solve it ........???:idea:

I too failed to solve "A 'C' program without using any loop (if, for, while,etc...) to print numbers."

unless it is somthing like

printf("1,  2,  3,  4....\n");

;)

Google nither helped. Any ideas ?

>Google nither helped.
I get the feeling you didn't look very hard. Have you considered recursion? What about goto? Neither of those are considered to be loop constructs.

>Google nither helped.
I get the feeling you didn't look very hard. Have you considered recursion? What about goto? Neither of those are considered to be loop constructs.

yes...
I tried it and hey tlly i come up with the following code.......
May be this would suit ur expectatios to the best.So, check this out...
:idea: :idea: :idea:

#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
void main()
{
    int n;
    int prno();
    clrscr();
    printf("\n Enter the no. upto which u want to print the no.=");
    scanf("%d",&n);
    n++;
    prno(n);
    getch();
}
prno(int i);
{
    i--;
    (i<=0)?printf("\n Thank u") : prno(i);
    printf("\n %d",i);
    return(i);
}

Have fun with 'C':) :) :) :!:

>Google nither helped.

goto was the first thing that came to my mind.
recursion was the seconed thing.

But in any case we are not allowed to test with "if".
I tought about simple condition like this

i = ( i < 10 ) ? i+1 : i ;

But its like using "if".

I tought about macros. But thats using "if" and saying
"I am not using 'if'"

But in any case we are not allowed to test with "if".

Hmm...

Confusing directions -- you can't use a loop, but an if statement is not an iteration statement (a loop construct).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.