Dear friends:
I compile my procedure with mpicc, it can give correct execute file.

mpicc -o testprint testprint.c libptools_ppf.a

But when i compile it with mpic++, it gives me some error about undefined reference. Could you please help me out.

mpic++ -o testprint testprint.c libptools_ppf.a
testprint.c:25:31: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
testprint.c:25:31: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
/tmp/ccmDrUCj.o: In function `main':
testprint.c:(.text+0x54): undefined reference to `PPF_Print(int, char const*, ...)'
testprint.c:(.text+0x87): undefined reference to `PPF_Print(int, char const*, ...)'
testprint.c:(.text+0xaf): undefined reference to `PPF_Print(int, char const*, ...)'
testprint.c:(.text+0xcd): undefined reference to `PPF_Print(int, char const*, ...)'
testprint.c:(.text+0x103): undefined reference to `PPF_Print(int, char const*, ...)'
/tmp/ccmDrUCj.o:testprint.c:(.text+0x142): more undefined references to `PPF_Print(int, char const*, ...)' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Conversions between types are more strict in C++ than C (the compiler errors in testprint.c), and you probably didn't "guard" your external C function declarations with extern "C" (the linker errors). So, please show your code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.