I use textpad and i can use java but i cant use the javac

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

How so?

It should be in the bin folder.

he probably didn't install the JDK, or didn't set his environment properly, as described in the installation instructions.

I installed the JDK correctly and the javac is in the bin but my compuer isn't reading the program right

Alter your environment variables to point to the current directory.

Hi do you have added any tools in the textpad? like in the configure menu....go to preferences, there in the left tree view can you able to see any content in the tools node? let me know.....

I installed the JDK correctly and the javac is in the bin but my compuer isn't reading the program right

If you had installed it correctly it would work...

Hi do you have added any tools in the textpad? like in the configure menu....go to preferences, there in the left tree view can you able to see any content in the tools node? let me know.....

Yeah i added my SDK tools because i had installed textpad first. I tried to use javac through cmd by typing the location of the file, but it won't except any of the applications that i give it to compile.

ok fine, let me know what is happening when you click the tool like "javac" in the textpad? just write some basic snippet and try to compile via texpad i.e. by cicking javac tool added in the textpad or just press ctrl+1...

I click the compile tool (javac) and it creates a class of the document, but when i put the class to use by running the application, it says that there is no class defined, meaning that the class doesn't exist.

Also when i try to extend it to other applications it doesn't allow the application to read that there is a class.

ever heard about classpath? Read up on that, you haven't grasped how to configure your system still.

The compiler works fine, as you get a classfile. But you have to tell the runtime where to find it (and the compiler as well when you want to use it from another source).

javac works fine. Problem exists between keyboard and chair :)

I'd rather think some 2-3ft higher than that :)

I'd rather think some 2-3ft higher than that :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

as you're were not specific in describing your system i'm assuming you're using linux and the ibm j2sdk. obviously depending on what you've got installed you should change this accordingly. if you have windows.. i don't have a clue what you should do

export PATH="/usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-ibm/bin/:$PATH"
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.