Hi,

I need to get some help from somebody very good in programming and have high skill level in different programming languages.
I basically need to write a piece of programme that does one job for me with user interface (which I will explain the job later on), I need to know which language should I choose in order to make it easy to ingrate the software into any webpage for using online?

Many thanks in advance
Reza

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

At the moment C# is probably the easiest language to write in for both desktop and web applications simultaneously.

Thank you very much for your comment.
Let me explain a bit more about my project. Basically before I start putting energy into learning c#, I would like to give you a bit more explanation about my project.
I need to make a programme that can read the fonts from the user computer and convert each character of it into Bitmap with pixels, in order to work with the pixels later on.
Then we need to integrate that programme into the webpage, so other people can actually run and use the programme online to evaluate it. (This is for research and educational purposes)
Could you please let me know if I have chosen the write programming language to write the programme?
And also is that possible to integrate c# programme into the webpage to run it real time?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Yes and yes. Although you'll need two different front ends. One in ASP.NET (website) and one in Winforms (Desktop) but the back end for both should be C#

Thank you so much for your advice.

I just wanted to ask you could you please help in my project in any way?

If you can please send me your detail so we can be in touch with each other and talk about the rest,

Many thanks

As a DW user I'll discount my usual contracting rate to £400/day. If this is acceptable for you then we can talk on the Business Exchange forum :)

Thanks.

Read in Fonts as Bitmaps huh ... care to explain the reason behind that? I've never done this myself, and have to wonder if it's the best approach.

Might have to look into this myself, to see if it can be done. I have experience with working with Bitmaps (here's a tip, take time to learn about LockBitmap, here's a site, however read the comments as the code has a bug in it http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/240428/Work-with-bitmap-faster-with-Csharp)

Hi can you help me to find some codes in c#?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.