Hi,
I have a parser in .madl language in a txt format and I want to implement the code completion in java in eclipse plugin project. Fro ex: code completion is in a java editor if you press Ctrl+space a popuo window appears with relating option that are available, I want to implement similar to this but with different syntax. Does anyone have any resource for a beginner. Appreciate if you can point to resource.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

a beginner? what do you mean, a beginner? just beginning with Java Swing, just beginning with Java itself? ...
you can add a changelistener to your textfield.
keep the possible values in a list, on each change of the textfield check whether it's empty, if not: build a new list based on the complete one, with the filter that only the elements that contain or beginwith that value may be added.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

The way I read the OP's request is he simply wants code completion within Eclipse. He is not trying to build his own IDE? Could be wrong though.

Hi
JamesCherrill: yes i did at those links but they dont mentioned anything about the parser and creatng the AST for the code completion.
iamthwee: i am trying to buld a plugin project in elipse for the madl language. (madl is in groovy language). so for this I am trying to implement the code completion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.