Hi, I would like to find out how you would go about using your database online, as if you were to do online shopping or online banking. Where all the details of the users can be accessed from the internet and the database doesnt have to be on the particular computer you are using. As if the database is on a server and can be accessed and used remotely from any pc with internet access. For example a user would sign up , fill in there credentials and that would be stored onto the online database. I am using Visual Studio 2013 at the moment and I would like to know how you would link an application to a database that is online and how would you get that database online as well. Any help on this topic will be much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I would like to know how you would link an application to a database that is online

Usually this is done using an API, because otherwise you'd need direct access to the database, which can be a vulnerability issue.

how would you get that database online as well.

Get hosting of some kind. What you need depends on your specific application needs. Can range from simple shared hosting to a cloud solution like Azure.

Thanks I will try to find a suitable host and try the linking as well. Thanks for API documents

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.