Hello, I googled this and didn't found any good results. I found "GUI Toolkits for C++"...
I need a C++ eBook to teach me to use the windows library...

Do you mean win32 api functions? They are very old and mostly obsolete now, better to use .NET functions using c++/CLR, C# and/or VB.NET.

If you still want to learn win32 api, it's too extensive a subject to be in one book. Microsoft Press has probably 10 or more books on that topic. AFAIK none of them are in ebook format. Here is a good tutorial that will get you started.

Edited 2 Years Ago by Ancient Dragon

Ok...
Is there any other way to make GUI with C++?
And some out-of-subject question, Which programming languages does companies use to make their programs?

Most programs are written in C and C++, but C# and VB.NET are used quite a bit too. If you are asking about websites then that another entire bucket of worms.

Is there any other way to make GUI with C++?

You could use QT (link), which is a portable compiler meaning that any code you write can be compiled on both MS-Windows and *nix. Then there are a few old libraries such as wxWidgets.

Edited 2 Years Ago by Ancient Dragon

Let's dig a bit deeper with our questions, perhaps. What is your project meant for? Do you need to use C++, or would another language be suitable? Do you already know C++ programming in general? What other languages do you know, and have you done GUI programming with any of them? What compiler do you intend to develop with?

Edited 2 Years Ago by Schol-R-LEA

I'm not thinking of a specific project...
I like programming, and I want to learn it. But I will not learn anything till I pick a language...
So I just asked cause I know the basics of C/C++/C#/VB and didn't like using the designer... I like to code my program. I liked C# but didn't find any possible way to make a program with only coding and didn't want to open up the main thread and delete everything else on the project each time I wanted to make a program with only coding+I don't want to wait for the form to launch till it create the other form so I wanted to learn C++ cause it's only coding thinking that there is a built-in way to make GUI...
I think I'll go back to C# and download/buy some eBooks...
Thanks a lot!

Have you consider any other languages such as Python or Ruby? The eBook Think Python is quite well regarded, and has a chapter on using the TKinter GUI system.

Nope I didn't...
Thanks a lot I'm going to study the basics of each so I may pick one of them.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.