Hello,

I have a mac os specific problem with iPython. The code I have works fine by using iPython on a PC by launching it with --pylab.
On mac os, I try to do it with ipython-qtconsole-1.0.0-py27_0

My code is made for recognizing characters on an image. The part of the code where I'm trying to recognize the characters is

# Loop over rows...
for row in xrange(number_of_rows):

# Loop over columns...
    for col in xrange(number_of_cols):

# Compute char coordinates.
        coords = (
            col     * char_width,
            row     * char_height,
            (col+1) * char_width,
            (row+1) * char_height
        )

# Extract and display char...
        imshow(array(highlight_char(img, coords)))
        show()

# Ask user to identify char and add it to converted text...
        identified        = raw_input('Please identify this character: ')
        converted_string += identified

# Add carriage return.
    converted_string += '\n'

# Close window and display converted text.
close()
print 'Recognized text:', converted_string

it works perfectly on a PC by starting ipython with --pylab: when I run the program, the window opens where I have to identify the first character. I type it in and it automatically jumps to the second character. On mac with ipython-qtconsole, the windows opens where I have to identify the first character. But it does not let me identify it automatically. I have to close the window manually and then have to type the character. Then, a new window opens asking me to identify the second character. I then have to close the window again.

How can I get around this problem on mac os x?

Thanks in advance for your help!

this is half way solved when I run the ipython-qtconsole-1.0.0-py27_0 from cmd. ipython-qtconsole-1.0.0-py27_0 asks me to identify one character after the other. However, the windows do not jump automatically from one to another like on a pc

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.