So I am not getting the data from text1 to load properly(I would assume text2 is the same). If I step through it the variables load and then once it reaches Dim A() etc. it gives the "path's format is not supported" error. I have changed up how i'm getting data from the data source from initially getting the text files from OpenFileDialog, to hard coding, to what is below. I am pretty new to VB.net and I am sure it is something pretty basic but I dont know enough to know what that is. Also, I initially was going to use Streamreader but when reading more about what I wanted to do ReadAllLines seemed more appropriate.

Dim Master As String = "‪C:\work\test1.txt"
Dim NewFile As String = "‪C:\work\test2.txt"

Dim A() As String = IO.File.ReadAllLines(Master)
Dim B() As String = IO.File.ReadAllLines(NewFile)

Correction:Actually, it does load in the data source in the variables but then errors out, so now i'm confused because this method is supposed to accept strings.

I guess it just had to do with some encoding "Funkiness" I RE-WROTE the code below instead of COPYING and it worked.

Dim Master As String = "‪C:\work\test1.txt"
Dim NewFile As String = "‪C:\work\test2.txt"
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.