here is part of my code:

newvalue1 = difference + c
newvalue2 = difference + d
newvalue3 = difference2 + cc
newvalue4 = difference2 + dd

if dice == dice2
    print ("The scores on both dice remain constant, no changes are made.")

elif dice > dice2
    print("The scores of the two dice thrown are not the same. Here is the new strength value for", a, newvalue1, "and the skill value for", a, newvalue2)
    print("Here is the strength and skill values for", b, ". The strength value is", newvalue3, "and the skill value is", newvalue4)

elif dice > dice2
    print("The scores of the two dice thrown are not the same. Here is the new strength value for", a, newvalue1, "and the skill value for", a, newvalue2)
    print("Here is the strength and skill values for", b, ". The strength value is", newvalue3, "and the skill value is", newvalue4)

else:
    print ("I think we have an error!")

i want to code that if variables 'dice' and 'dice2' are equal then, refer to if statement - this is where the error is.
code is written in pyscriper, help very much appreciated.

Assumiong that this is the exact code you are running, the error is that you are omitting the colons following the if: and elif: conditionals.

commented: I just tried that, still doesn't work :s +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.