I have this control on my (wpf)form Status

<TextBlock x:Name="Status" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="138,0,0,0" TextWrapping="Wrap" Text="TextBlock" VerticalAlignment="Top" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" Height="67" Width="577" Grid.Row="1" IsHyphenationEnabled="True" UseLayoutRounding="False"/>

It seems that just setting Status.Text=someValue from within a click event does not refresh until the event is completed. How can this be done (in C#) if one wants to show the status of a multistage procedure by setting the Status.Text?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What comes up in my mind is that it is perhaps better to fire an event for every stage of your process instead of one event handling them all.

Thanks. I implemented the procedure using a backgroundworker which is probably the same as what you suggest. It's a pain, I was hoping something simpler, but as I heard someone say, everything in WPF is nice, but simple, it ain't.

everything in WPF is nice, but simple, it ain't.

That's a reason witholding me from really dig in deep into it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.