break;

case 2:
//CODE FOR MENU OPTION 2
case 3:
return 0; //QUIT
}
}while(menu != 3)
return 0;

Hope that makes sense. I can post the real code if neeeed be, but I feel like I have a pretty basic question. So when you hit a "break" in one of the switch statements, it goes back to the main menu where you pick option 1, 2, or 3. I want to be able to go to that same menu from within the called function in case the input is less than 0. I tried "return 0;", but it literally just returns the numerical value "0". I tried "break;", but it said I can only use breaks in loops and switch statements. :[

Is there a way to get back to that menu in "main" from a function without putting code in main itself? Thanks!

You will need code in your main function and you will need your other functions to return either a status or a sentinal value that can be tested in main to determin if the execution path needs to return to the start of the switch statement.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.