hi...

Problem # 4:
Modify problem 4 in hw6 to record students score in each question and the question shown to the user. For example, Rectangle Red 2/5 means that the student was shown a red rectangle 5 times and he got them correct only two times (attempt count include attempts done while repeating the question before a correct answer). Keep in mind that the student will keep on playing until he enters a 0 as answer fo a question and this 0 is not included in the statistics.
You then have to print a table, which contains a statistic of student’s performance. Your table should include the shape shown, color, number of attempts, number of correct answers and average score, which is equal to number of correct answers / number of attempts.
Problem # 4:
Modify problem 4 in hw6 to record students score in each question and the question shown to the user. For example, Rectangle Red 2/5 means that the student was shown a red rectangle 5 times and he got them correct only two times (attempt count include attempts done while repeating the question before a correct answer). Keep in mind that the student will keep on playing until he enters a 0 as answer fo a question and this 0 is not included in the statistics.
You then have to print a table, which contains a statistic of student’s performance. Your table should include the shape shown, color, number of attempts, number of correct answers and average score, which is equal to number of correct answers / number of attempts.

Shape Color Attempts Corrct Answer AverageScore (Correct/Attemp)
Rectangle Red 2 2 1
Rectangle Blue 1 0 0
Rectangle Green 3 2 0.667
Oval Red 0 0 0
Oval Blue 1 1 1
Oval Green 2 1 0.5
Circle Red 3 1 0.333
Circle Blue 4 3 0.75
Circle Green 5 4 0.8

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Time to face reality.
You have (at least) 4 homeworks due tomorrow, and you haven't done anything. That's nobody's problem but yours. You will get all the help you deserve here, which is approx zero. We're saving our time for people who are making a realistic effort themselves.

Thank you very much for your reply.
If I was not busy and i don't have Urgent situatios, i will not ask for help. I am a new member in this site.I am a Serious student, so please do not judge people without knowing the reasons.

If I was not busy and i don't have Urgent situatios,

you'll always be busy, that's part of life.

I am a Serious student

copy pasting your assignments does not make you a 'Serious student', it makes you a lazy one. you haven't even tried to answer any of the questions, how do you want us to believe you to be serious as a student?

I am a new member in this site

yes, you are. you are even so new, you didn't even have the time to read the community rules you agreed upon when registering here. allow me to post a link to them, and point an important one that you missed out: Community rules

Do provide evidence of having done some work yourself if posting questions from school or work assignments

you haven't done any work, so providing evidence of that is indeed difficult. a few tips to help you out in the future, though:

1. plan ahead. if your assignment is due tomorrow, my bet is you've known about it for at least a few days. don't wait with everything until the last moment, especially not if it is something you'll need to look things up for.

2. start small. don't skip on the early chapters, thinking they're easy and you can pick them up later on fast enough. even though this might be true, the later, more difficult chapters build further upon them. consider it like building a house: sure, putting a basement is much easier compared to putting an entire roof on a house, but can you imagine trying to put a roof on a house that has no foundations on which it can find support? you should be thankfull failing a Java test isn't as dangerous as trying to put a roof on a building that might collaps any moment, but the point is the same: if you don't have a foundation, you'll fail.

3. you may want people to give you the code if you can't do it, but what good will that do you, or us, for that matter ? in a few words: you won't actually learn how the code works. you can read the code, and, without a doubt, be able to convince yourself you understand how it works, but there won't be any real 'understanding'. you'll be able to re-create the code from memory a next time, but if you are asked to explain it, to make the code more efficiënt, to refactor it, or, to create something of similar dificulty, you won't be able to, because, well ... it's not just a copy paste from this time. sure, you'll pass school with flying colors, get a big hooray and cheers from the family, but then what ? let's assume you'll want to go further for a carreer in software development. you might even be able to fool a recruiter in believing you actually can develop code yourself. so, not only will you land a job you're bad at, and sooner or later you'll be fired from, but another person, one who did know how to develop code, and has worked hard to reach that point, will miss out on the job.

4. As a remark on:

so please do not judge people without knowing the reasons.

the reasons are not relevant. you have a deadline, which you are failing to meet. in a professional environment, this could lead to you loosing your job.
you may be new at DaniWeb, but you should be smart enough to figure out that, except for a few of the members, all of us are volunteers.
consider us as a 'think-tank' of geeky nerds, all fascinated by those bits and bytes we are able to mess around with. we offer our free time to help people figuring out the solution to problems they encounter, and to help others learn programming, and that way increasing their knowledge and skills, which might help them to pass their courses, get a job, or maybe even become the next Linus Torvalds. The sky is the limit, as you can see.
But, next to the time we spend online to do that, we also have lives, families and friends we want to spend time with, we have jobs and deadlines to meet ourselves, which we somehow manage to do in the time we're not helping others out. you want us to help you, but it seems to us, you're not even trying to help yourself.

JamesCherrill is not only a good developer, but he's also one of those who helps the most people on this forum, if (even) he refuses to help you out, you should try and understand why.
you think you deserve to be given all the code you need, well ... we think we deserve at the very least some respect. we are, as Pinokkio would say, "real boys and girls", not some automatic homework-assignment-code-generator.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.