The simulator will simulate one or more line-ups for customer service at a business. In the
default setup, it will take between 1 and 6 minutes for a customer service request to be handled
(random) once a customer reaches the front of the queue, after which the customer will leave.
Customers and staffers have a morale rating between 1 and 10. They start with a rating between
7 and 10 (random). After 10 minutes of waiting in line, their morale rating will decrease by 1 for
every additional two minutes. Initially, staff members will also have a morale rating between 7
and 10. Morale cannot be reduced below 1 or increased above 10, however morale change events
will still trigger (i.e. get logged), they just won’t have any effect.
If a customer’s morale rating reaches 1 before they reach customer service, they will complain to
the staffer upon reaching customer service (i.e. front of the line). This will result in an extra two
minutes delay in service for the complaining customer and the staffer’s morale will be lowered
by one. If a staffer’s morale reaches 1, they will walk out (quit) at the end of the turn. When a
staffer quits other staffer’s will drop one morale point, the customers in line will drop one morale
point, and have to go into another lineup (you have no backup/on-call staff). If any staffer
subsequently reaches morale 1 they will quit next turn (minute).
If two customers in a line-up that are adjacent reach morale 1, there is a 1% chance they may
convince each other to complain loudly. This will delay all customer service in the establishment
by 5 minutes. The customers involved will be ejected by security. All staff members will drop
one morale point, and all other customers will gain one morale point (it was quite a show). There
is also a 1% chance that customers from other line-ups may choose to join in the complaining
and be ejected.
If more than 1% of the customers for the day are ejected by security (evaluated at the end of the
day), or all staffers have walked out, the business can be assumed to have failed.
Normal business hours are between 9am and 6pm. You divide the day into 3 equal parts. The
first part of the day sees a customer arrive every four minutes (randomly). The second part of the
day sees a customer arrive every three minutes (randomly). The final part of the day sees a
customer arrive every two minutes (randomly). You can assume customers will naturally join the
lineup with the shortest wait time (track the total wait times for the lines).

i need help in this post.. if sombdy can give me better idea about time event triggering

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.