Hello everyone!!!
Can anybody help me to fix this error...
While running my game source code on command prompt i get one error.

Note: tetris.java uses or overrider a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.

please help me to fix it.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

First: it's not an error, it's a warning.
Second: no, we can't help you as you don't even tell us what statement in your code causes the warning.
If we'd know that, we might be able to give you alternatives.

but, recompiling it, with " -deprecation " might give you more information. have you tried that ?

just a guess, he's using Swing which uses Vector everywhere, and Vector is deprecated.

No, it's not Vector. Vector has not been formally deprecated (just look at the current API doc). The nearest it gets is the following quote from nthe Java 8 API JavaDoc: "If a thread-safe implementation is not needed, it is recommended to use ArrayList in place of Vector."

but in command prompt it shows as an error not warning.

(Previous post deleted)
The code posted by OP and described as "my game code" was in fact stolen from somewone called Melinda Green (in turn based on Guido Pellegrini's Summer 2000 term project) and posted here with just the author's credit removed from the beginning. Hence the post has been deleted, and appropriate penatlies applied.
Everybody please remember this is a 100% legal site, and we don't tolerate violations of copyright or other intellectual property rights.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.