Hello all, zoidmaster here. I have a question regarding work with a MS Access database. I have the code written out from a tutorial I found online for a basic database, however all it can do with the database is read, add and delete lines from it. I'm trying to create a similar setup but with the capability to search. My question is this: What are the SQL parameters I can use with my vb.net code? I'm kinda just looking for a general list. I assume they would be readily available somewhere like a Windows Command Prompt help list for commands. This is essentially what I'm working with (albeit this obviously isn't all of the code for the database to function):

dbProvider = "PROVIDER = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;"
        dbSource = "Data Source = C:\Users\tim_2\Downloads\AddressBook\AddressBook.mdb"

con.ConnectionString = dbProvider & dbSource

con.Open()

sql = "SELECT * FROM tblContacts"
        da = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(sql, con)
        da.Fill(ds, "AddressBook")
        con.Close()

MaxRows = ds.Tables("AddressBook").Rows.Count
        inc = -1

What I need is the possible parameters that can be used to modify sql = "SELECT * FROM tblContacts". I've looked around and seen parameters such as "WHERE" and "LIKE" but I can't find anything that explains what my options are or what they do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

You could start with the w3 SQL tutorial

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

I almost feel rather stupid for not checking W3 schools. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.