I don't know about anyone else but I found this thread entertaining! As for being a prodigy I think that an interested mind can read a programming book and then say that he/she can program. As many have stated here, programming to people's requirements when requirements change every second hour is what makes a true programmer.

As for massaging a kids ego, I'm not about that at all. In my opinion, accollades need only be acknowledged after they are earned. This thread, in its broadest form, reminds me of watching the tryouts for American idol and the 18 / 19 year is there to sing because their parents lover their voice. When they get up to actually sing, they are horrible. When they are told they are horrible they are devastated because they've been made to feel like they were something they were not by parents that feel bad about telling their kids the truth.

I didn't mean to post this.

That took absolute genius

Sometimes I wonder, with so few brain cells, can they multitask, do they have to stop breathing when they type, and oxygen starvation is the cause

Also I don't have parents to lower my standard. They're dead. But my "Dad" is a programmer and gives me lot's of "Complex" code to look at. I say that in quotes because I have never seemed to find any code hard to understand unless it was in a language I'm not familiar with. (Or LOLCode)

It's difficult for my computing standard to be affected, because it just feels impossible.

But my "Dad" is a programmer and gives me lot's of "Complex" code to look at. I say that in quotes because I have never seemed to find any code hard to understand unless it was in a language I'm not familiar with. (Or LOLCode)

Did you also put "dad" in quotes because your dad is someone who is a person that is not really a programmer...?

Lets be honest here, if your gonna just stay here and just call yourself a "gifted" programmer, why don't you actually prove it and actually help people on the forums... everything you answer seems to be something that anyone could google for.

Also, I have a few friends and a few cousins who attend MIT, they don't know anyone as young as you attending their school...

It's difficult for my computing standard to be affected, because it just feels impossible.

Just as impossible it is to believe anything you say? I mean, your own bio page on daniweb says your a member of Mensa... I am not a Mensa member (I will admit, I am smart but I don't call myself a genius) but I know a few people who are Mensa members (I have a few neighbors and my youngest brother are). Plus, you say you went MIT and graduated in 2013... you might as well show us your diploma...

I'm saying "Dad" because he's a foster Dad.

Well, dad or not, please avoid bs-ing around... it doesn't benefit you nor will it benefit anyone else...

@Jack
The same effect can be obtained, more simply, by going to the nearest farm, picking up a small piece of cowpat, and dabbing behind each ear. The aroma of bullshit will then follow you without you having to do anything else.

Stand not upon the order of your going, but go at once.

Hey Jack, unlike most people who have been described as a genius, the more you say the dumber you appear...

commented: No doubt about it +10

It sounds like you enjoy it, so why not, but do not discard the value of education, credentials and certifications in making your talent marketable. Think of them as support systems for your talent, and cultivate them lovingly, with faith in their value. Anyone can lie on their resume, after all.

commented: :P +10

If the nonsense code you posted here is yours then, to answer your original question,...

no, you displayed no special talent whatsoever. You code Java like a complete beginner with an incompetent teacher.

The tragedy is that with the attitude and approach you have displayed here, you will never improve.

commented: lol'd xD +6

Lets not continue this arguement... cassie chadwick over here is just gonna continue his rant about why he is so-called great at something he never even learned... too bad people like Jack is gonna be an example for my generation :/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.