Hi,

I don't know that this discussion is relevant or no in this community, if not I am really very sorry.

I work in a software company from past 1 year. From last few days I start learning python. I know little bit of unix & shell scripting.

My quesions are :

1)What is the best way to learn python. (I start reading a book "Learninng python 4h edition by Mark lutz, O'RILLY").

2)Is it enough to learn only python to make a good IT career or I need to learn any more language along with python.

3)How to proceed to make a good carrer in IT with python.

Thanks
Raj

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

C++ and Python complement each other, so you should have a good knowledge of those two languages. Once you are learning C++ then Java isn't far off. Unless you are a genius, it will take a lot of coding and exploring to get to know Python thoroughly enough to pass an employer's hiring test.

The basic syntax of Python is easier to learn then C++ or Java, but the real power comes in the use of its many modules. You need to be able to produce well tested programs.

For me Python was a good application language for scientifc projects. Where you needed to know the underlying science very well and develop a program rather quickly.

If you want a job in the USA, English language skills used to be important.

You are getting into an era when even small police departments have to hire experts to spy on their more evil citizens and fight internet crime. A job glorified by a deluge of "shoot'em out" TV shows. They make the nerds look more handsome too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.