A recent assignment requires me to create a pseudocode for a game of tic tac toe. And I'm a bit lost.

Here's the details:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Design a program that allows two players to play a game of tic-tac-toe. Use a two-dimensional String array with three rows and three columns as the game board. Each element of the arrays should be initialized with an asterisk (*). *The program should run a loop that does the following:

Displays the contents of the board array.

Allows player 1 to select a location on the board for an X. The program should ask the user to enter the row and column number.

Allows player 2 to select a location on the board for an O. The program should ask the user to enter the row and column number.

Determines whether a player has won or if a tie has occurred. If a player has won, the program should declare that player the winner and end. If a tie has occurred, the program should say so and end.

Player 1 wins when there are three Xs in a row on the game board. Player 2 wins when there are three Os in a row on the game board.

The winning Xs or Ox can appear in a row, in a column, or diagonally across the board. A tie occurs when all of the locations on the board are full, but there is no winner.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I usually use raptor, but my professor wants the class to only use pseudocode for once.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

So what part is giving you a problem?

And until you post some effort at a solution, don't expect help here for a homework problem!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.