I've checked through the book list tagged on this forum, very helpful, but far too many books listed to efficiently check them all out. I already have one book on c++ (the teach yourself in 21 days), and it's nice, lots of short and to the point examples, but their review sections are sort of short, especially for their longer chapters.

Does anyone have any recommendations for books that have lots of exercises, or maybe just a c++ book that has nothing but exercises and review material? And while I'm at it, does anyone know any books I should just completely avoid? The deitel books have had a lot of good recommendations apparently, but I've seen some reviewers say that their examples are bloated and contain code not even relevant to the issue being covered.

Bjarne's book 'The C++ Programming Language". It has PLENTY of tough exercises at the end of each chapter. Some of them aren't exactly easy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.